This past week of my life has been so amazing. I have been challenged you spiritually, mentally, and physically. I developed relationships with so many wonderful people. I cant even explain all that happened this past week.
The past weeks have been crazy. I have wanted to post but days fly by so quickly. Anyways... As you read through Psalm 119 you see a lot of repetition. The psalmist brings us through his life as a Christian. We see the highs and lows, but we also see something that is constant. His reliance on scripture is constant. He ends the psalm by saying "I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands." It is difficult to not get caught up in our daily struggles. Through these past weeks I have experienced some low moments, but I have never felt closer to God. Samuel Smiles puts the idea of lows poetically into words, "The battle of life is, in most cases, fought uphill: and to win it without a struggle were perhaps to win it without honor. If there were no difficulties, there would be no success: if there were nothing to struggle for, there would be nothing to be...
Day Two: March 19, 2018 Long cramped bus rides, extreme bonding, and gorgeous scenery filled out the day. Today we went to the New Hope Academy in La Vega . It is breathtaking to hear how God has worked a nd provided. He has truly transformed the ministry with their new “mansion on a hill.” The Dominican is a beautiful and blossoming place where a load of people lives and are experiencing God on the move. Luke 10:2 “ He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. ” The biggest lesson I learned today was to trust the wind and the waves. This isn’t just me striving to be poetic. The reckless beauty and dignified strengths of the wind and waves have become a simple to me of how the Lord works and moved in mighty and po werful ways. We do not serve a God of mindless movements but one of intentional and radical relati...
As we hit the road early this morning the excitement continues to build for the next adventure I get the blessing to take part in. It has been a dream of mine to get to return to the beautiful Blackwood community in the Bahamas since I had to painfully say goodbye the individuals there in 2014. Click here to read the post from my last trip! Now my brothers and I have gotten the opportunity to go on this trip. It is even more exciting for me to experience this trip with my brothers, since before I know it I will be going off to college. Eagerly anticipating walking back into the Blackwood community, which almost feels like home to me. Memories are filling my thoughts. I am beyond excited to see what God is going to do, and all that He has done since I was last there. My church has given us 150 dresses to donate to the girls of Eleuthera. That is a tremendous blessing and a wonderful God-thing that has graced me...
Comments
Post a Comment